What do we do
The sea, a shared responsibility is a project of marine governance that works in different areas.
- Establish frameworks of cooperation, governance and awareness among the public, social and private sectors to advance in the sustainable use of natural resources.
- Integrated management of yacht moorings areas in Ibiza and Formentera. Working together with island and municipal administrations to define a comprehensive plan of moorings in Ibiza and Formentera, which reversed the situation of deterioration, that suffer the meadows of Posidonia oceanica, as a result of uncontrolled anchoring of yachts.
- Promoting co-management as a tool of management of artisanal fisheries in Ibiza and Formentera. Following the successful example in other communities of the Spanish State, we want to raise awareness and promote co-management as a way to involve the fishing sector in the decision-making and in the management of the fishing from the point of its economic and environmental sustainability.
- We are part of and collaborate with the Mar Blava Alliance against oil exploration in the Balearic Sea (participation in working groups, collection of signatures, discussions public, contact and visits to other places where there are projects underway, like Catalonia or the Canary Islands, etc.).
- Collaborate in campaigns with other organizations (WWF, Amics de la Terra Eivissa antipetrolifera, Eivissa Diu No, etc.) in defense of the sea, sustainable fisheries and in favor of a new energy model based on renewable energy.
- Videos of awareness in defense of the sea and fisheries resources.
Sensitization, studies and reports
- Inform nautical users of the importance of not anchoring on Posidonia oceanica meadows.
- Development and outreach of resources of the project and sustainable practices related to the sea: Story Maps, Infographics, manuals of good practice, reports on moorings, brochures, stickers, etc. Use of Socialmedia to publicize the news of the project and use of the marine web.
- Uncontrolled anchoring of boats.
- Study of erosion generated by vessels at beaches and coves.
- Study of the evolution of the meadow and the reef barrier of Posidonia oceanica in the Bay of Talamanca.
- Characterization of the meadows of Posidonia oceanica in the main areas of anchorage of Ibiza and Formentera. A
- Analysis of pollution caused by the discharge of waste water into the sea without the necessary purification (wastewater treatment plants, bilges of boats). Performing water analysis in coastal areas.