Report of the Tagomago Natura 2000 Participatory Workshop
This report summarizes the validation of the attendees of the Management Plan for the declaration of SCI to SCA of the spaces of Tagomago, Illots de Santa Eularia, Rodona and es Cana, and the Marine Area of Tagomago.
The report is the result of the workshop that brought together on April 24, 2018, at the Council of Eivissa, experts from the scientific field, technicians from the administrations (state, regional and local), as well as members of the fisheries, nautical, and NGOs sectors.
The workshop was structured into four thematic blocks, with the following presentations:
- Session I. Validation of Management Plan objectives.
- Management plan of the Islets from the east coast of Eivissa. Balearic Government.
- Session II. Validation of measures affecting the marine environment in reference to habitats and species.
- Conservation in the Islotes of the east coast of Eivissa. IEO point of view. Maite Vazquez (IEO).
- Main threats to Posidonia oceanica in the east coast of Eivissa. Raquel Vaquer (IMEDEA).
- Session III. Validation of measures affecting fisheries and the terrestrial environment.
- Small Scale Fisheries in the Islets of the east coast of Eivissa. Tagomago Marine Reserve Proposal. Toni Box (Council of Eivissa).
- Session IV. Recomendations.